The eighth annual FoCoMX (Fort Collins Music eXperiment) will take place April 22 and 23, 2016. Presented by FoCoMA (Fort Collins Musicians Association) and sponsored by Odell Brewing Co., this unique music festival showcases 250+ Northern Colorado bands and solo musicians at more than 20 Downtown Fort Collins venues.
This uniquely Fort Collins event brings thousands of music lovers closer to their favorite Colorado bands while exposing them to new music, bringing professional development opportunities to the musicians themselves and entertaining thousands of residents and tourists. The festival celebrates its eighth year of successfully showcasing over a dozen music genres and nearly 300 live performances over the course of two days, while supporting local venues who support live music throughout the year, and furthering FoCoMA’s mission to support the success of local musicians and our vibrant regionally recognized music scene.
2016 quick facts:
- Event Dates: Friday, April 22 & Saturday, April 23
- A weekend wristband provides music enthusiasts with an opportunity to experience Northern Colorado’s extensive variety of live bands from every genre, DJs, and other performance art. (New genres and venues to be announced the week of March 1st!)
- $25 presale, March 1 through April 1, 2016 ($35 after April 1st)
- For Sale at: FoCoMX.org
- The FoCoMX 8 website is scheduled to launch March 1, 2016 with schedule lineups released by March 6. (www.focomx.org) The website will feature lineup, schedules, press info and graphics, volunteer opportunities and information on free workshops/panels for local musicians.
- FoCoMX started in 2009 as a grassroots experiment in promoting local music.
- The festival has grown, with an attendance of approximately 5,000 in 2015, garnering national attention and earning FoCoMX the unofficial title of “The Biggest Little Festival in America”.
- The Fort Collins Musicians Association’s nonprofit mission is to provide education, support and networking opportunities to the Fort Collins (and surrounding) music community.
- Sari Kimbell, Press and Marketing Director, FoCoMX 8 firstname.lastname@example.org / 970.988.3259
- Greta Cornett, President and founding member, Fort Collins Musicians Association
email@example.com / 970.481.3734
- CONNECT WITH US!
Website: www.focomx.org Facebook: facebook.com/focomx
Twitter: @FoCoMX Instagram: @FoCoMX