Greensky Bluegrass offers “Courage For The Road: Summer 2019” today, a hand curated collection of remastered performances from their Summer 2019 Tour. As the uncertain future of live music in its traditional format remains in limbo due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the band has decided to share some highlights of the recent past as a way to acknowledge the summer tour that never was, which saw the band slated to perform at Bonnaroo, Telluride Bluegrass Festival, their own Camp Greensky Music Festival and many more alongside headlining marquee venues across the country culminating to a three-night run at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater.
The collection features 13 tracks, including the band’s take on Foreigner’s “Feels Like the First Time” live from Telluride Bluegrass Festival, a beautiful rendition of “In Control” featuring Lindsay Lou on additional vocals as well as an incendiary version of the fan favorite “Kersone” featuring guitar virtuoso Lyle Brewer. See full tracklisting below.
1. Do It Alone 7/7: High Sierra Music Festival
2. All Four 6/22: Palm Theatre
3. Murder of Crows 6/7: Camp Greensky Music Festival
4. In Control 6/8: Camp Greensky Music Festival (feat. Lindsay Lou)
5. Last Winter in the Copper Country 7/19: Koka Booth Amphitheatre
6. Feels Like the First Time 6/21: Telluride Bluegrass Festival
7. Cold Feet 7/17: The NorVa
8. More of Me 6/29: The Oregon Zoo
9. Courage for the Road 6/28: KettleHouse Amphitheater
10. Room Without a Roof 7/7: High Sierra Music Festival
11. Grow Bananas 7/17: The NorVa
12. Kerosene 6/8: Camp Greensky Music Festival (feat. Lyle Brewer)
13. Ain’t No Bread in the Breadbox 8/3: Jay Peak Resort
A live force of nature renowned for bringing rock ‘n’ roll showmanship to high-energy bluegrass, Greensky Bluegrass has sold out hallowed venues such as Red Rocks Amphitheatre and the legendary Ryman Auditorium in addition to igniting stages everywhere from New Orleans Jazz Festival to Austin City Limits, Fuji Rock Festival to Byron Bay Bluesfest and beyond. Their unpredictable performances remain the stuff of legend attracting diehard devotees who typically travel far and wide to experience multiple gigs.
Comprised of Anders Beck (dobro), Michael Arlen Bont (banjo), Dave Bruzza (guitar), Mike Devol (upright bass), and Paul Hoffman (mandolin), Greensky Bluegrass is known for pushing the limits of traditional bluegrass. Beck explains, “We’re a rock-and-roll band that plays bluegrass instruments. Bluegrass is such a finite thing. Because you have a banjo and a mandolin, you’re supposed to do it a certain way or you’ll piss off some people. But we’ve always been ourselves.”
For more details at www.greenskybluegrass.com.