SCI Fidelity Records Releases 15th Anniversary Compilation Album
In celebration of its 15th anniversary, SCI Fidelity Records has compiled a 30-track retrospective label compilation, available now for free stream via SoundCloud and for free download only at the SCI Fidelity online store.
Formed by The String Cheese Incident in 1998, SCI Fidelity has delivered on its mission to support independent musicians everywhere – releasing over 100 albums from SCI and their side projects, along with artists like Keller Williams, Umphrey’s McGee, The Disco Biscuits, Steve Winwood, Lotus, Railroad Earth, The Greyboy Allstars, Tea Leaf Green and many more.
As one of the first record labels to identify and embrace the music industry’s then-changing paradigm, SCI Fidelity quickly garnered the well-deserved reputation for understanding how to use an artist’s music to connect bands with loyal fans. The label was able to view the business of music holistically, and SCI Fidelity’s creative, out-of-the-box approach to selling records aligned perfectly with the changing times.
“At the time, after talking to some major labels and other touring bands, we decided it was important to maintain control of our own destiny and started our own label,” explains SCI bassist Keith Moseley. “We just felt is was the best way to ensure our creative freedom, and to not be bound to an album release or touring schedule dictated by a recording contract.”
Indeed, The String Cheese Incident went on to help redefine the business of music. In the process, SCI forged a path for fellow independent artists to follow - and SCI Fidelity became a home for many of these bands. “We feel incredibly fortunate to be able to support music we believe in, and to sustain the record label in today’s ever-evolving music industry landscape,” says Moseley.
SCI Fidelity’s 15th Anniversary Compilation contains thirty of the best songs from some of the label’s most acclaimed albums over the years, and the tracks are listed in chronological order, taking the listener on a journey from the label’s first official release, The String Cheese Incident’s ‘Round The Wheel, through their latest batch of releases from The Infamous Stringdusters and Lotus.
In conjunction with the label’s 15th anniversary, look for The String Cheese Incident – who are also commemorating their 20th year as a band -- to release a new studio album produced by Jerry Harrison (Talking Heads) in Spring 2014.
SCI Fidelity Records 15th Anniversary Compilation Album Track Listing:
- The String Cheese Incident – “On The Road” from Round The Wheel
- Keller Williams w/The String Cheese Incident - “Best Feeling” from Breathe
- The String Cheese Incident - “Mouna Bowa” from Carnival ‘99
- Keller Williams - “More Than A Little” from Loop
- Steve Winwood – “Different Light” from About Time
- Keller Williams – “Freeker by the Speaker” from Laugh
- The String Cheese Incident - “Valley of the Jig” from Untying the Not
- Umphrey’s McGee - “In The Kitchen” from Anchor Drops
- DJ Harry - “All My Life” from Collision
- Steve Kimock Band - “Eudemon” from Eudemonic
- Brothers Past - “Simple Gift of Man” from This Feeling’s Called Goodbye
- Railroad Earth - “Mighty River” from Elko
- Umphrey’s McGee – “Nemo” from Safety In Numbers
- The Disco Biscuits - “World Is Spinning” from The Wind at Four to Fly
- The Radiators – “Ace In The Hole” from Dreaming Out Loud
- Tea Leaf Green - “These Two Chairs” from Rock ’n’ Roll Band
- Greyboy Allstars - “V Neck Sweater” from What Happened to Television?
- Railroad Earth - “Hard Livin” from Amen Corner
- Umphrey’s McGee – “Made to Measure” from Mantis
- Kyle Hollingsworth - “Way That it Goes” from Then There’s Now
- Emmitt-Nershi Band – “New Country Blues” from New Country Blues
- Lotus – “Bellwether” from Hammerstrike
- 30db – “Susanah” from One Man Show
- The String Cheese Incident – “Barstool” from Rhythm of the Road: Volume One, Incident In Atlanta – 11.17.00
- Younger Brother – “Shine” from Vaccine
- Conspirator – “Feed The Wolf” from Unlocked – Live at the Georgia Theatre
- Keller Williams w/The Travelin’ McCourys – “Something Else” from Pick
- The Infamous Stringdusters – “The Place That I Call Home” from Silver Sky – Deluxe Edition
- Lotus – “Break Build Burn” from Build
- The String Cheese Incident – “Can’t Wait Another Day” single